CONTACT THE RABBIT HAVEN REGARDING RABBITS NEEDING EVACUATION 831 239-7119 - WE ARE SETTING UP URGENT EVACUATION SITES NOW:
IF YOU CAN OFFER A TEMP FOSTER SPACE DURING THIS EVACUATION PERIOD CALL US 831 239-7119 / 831 600-7479 Email Director@therabbithaven.org . SET UPS OFFERED THROUGH THE RABBIT HAVEN
SC ANIMAL SHELTER HELPING-
Animal Services Responding to Evacuations 1/25/21
The Santa Cruz County Animal Shelter (SCCAS) is working in coordination with the Equine Evacuation team of Santa Cruz County to provide emergency animal services for those impacted by the Debris Flow Evacuations in the Santa Cruz Mountains beginning January 25, 2021.
SCCAS will be open from 8am-5pm everyday to intake evacuated animals. Pets can stay at the Shelter located at 1001 Rodriguez St. in Santa Cruz at no cost through the Safe Keep program. Pets will be cared for by skilled Shelter staff. SCCAS asks evacuees to first exhaust all efforts to house your pets with friends and family. Shelter staff can be reached at (831) 454-7200 EXT 0.
Non-livestock pets can be kept with you at the designated emergency evacuation sites that will be listed on the County website. Shelter volunteers will be delivering pet supplies to the County designated evacuation sites as needed.
If you are evacuating livestock and farm animals, SCCAS asks that you go to Quail Hollow Ranch County Park located at 800 Quail Hollow Rd. in Felton for assistance. Please look for Animal Shelter staff or Equine Evacuation volunteers to check in. If you need assistance evacuating your animals please contact the Equine Evacuation team at (831) 708-8998.
TEMPORARY HOUR CHANGE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE: The Santa Cruz Shelter will be open from 12pm-4pm every day for essential services.
Temporary Human shelters (that people can bring their non-livestock animals with them)Temporary shelters will be established Monday in:
• Felton: San Lorenzo Valley High School (7105 Highway 9)
• Scotts Valley: Scotts Valley Community Center (360 Kings Village Road)
• Davenport: Pacific Elementary School (50 Ocean St.)
The following areas have been ordered to evacuate:
• Ben Lomond Fire District (Zones: BEN-E001D, BEN-E002A, BEN-E002D, BEN-E004B)
• Boulder Creek Fire District (Zones: BOU-E021A, BOU-E020, BOU-E017, BOU-E016, BOU-E010, BOU-E006, BOU-E001A, BOU-E002, BOU-E033A, BOU-E038A, BOU-E031B, BOU-E030, BOU-E018A, BOU-E014, BOUE009, BOU-E003, BOU-E001B, BOU-E015A, BOU-E039A, BOU-E040A)
• Felton Fire District (Zones: FEL-E002A, FEL-E003B, FEL-E003C, FELE004A)
• Santa Cruz County Fire Dept. (Zones: CRZ-E001B, CRZ-E001D, CRZE002B, CRZ-E003B, CRZ-E003D, CRZ-E006B, CRZ-E006C, CRZ-E007A, CRZ-E017A, CRZ-E017C)